Saturday, January 1, 2011

COM Dunwoody Grill

Recently, my mom and I found ourselves in Dunwoody around lunchtime. We were enjoying a day of shopping together and wanted something delicious for lunch. I remembered reading an article by John Kessler about somewhere in Dunwoody that had great Banh Mi sandwiches. Here is where my favorite Iphone app came in very handy: Foodspotting. Sure enough, I typed in what I wanted and Com Dunwoody Grill was the answer. My mom had read about this place several times too over the years and it was on her list to try.

The menu was wonderful. Very hard to narrow down and I will be returning soon to try other things. It was a cold day so we opted away from Banh Mi and chose heartier, more filling options instead. My mom ordered the Pho lunch special which includes your choice of meat in a broth flavored with star anise, ginger, cardamom, and coriander and a spring roll of your choice. My favorite part of her meal was the lovely plate of fresh herbs and limes they brought out with it to "dress" your own soup as you wish.

I started with shrimp egg rolls and then I ordered the C'om Frangrance Rice with Beef. The rice was a strange shade of green that I am still pondering what made it so. But it tasted delicious and was served with tiny fried onions and peanuts. I ordered it with Pork which was artfully flavored and wonderfully tender. It will be hard to not order it again next time.

We are both anticipating springtime when we will return because our mouths are watering for the C'om Goi Salad which includes papaya, green mango, fuji apple, cucumber, daikon, carrots, basil, cilantro, mint, peanuts, crispy onions, and Com's house dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment