Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Zig Zag Crazed


I lost a whole night of sleep over the Missoni launch for Target. I've been counting the days until the shelves were to be stocked with zig zag designs. I found most of the items, over 400 in the collection, online beforehand and had mapped out a plan of what I coveted most. I saved my money all month so my budget could handle a mini Missoni spree. I logged on at midnight to shop online but nothing was posted yet. From there, I set my alarm every couple of hours to try again. Finally, at 6:30am, I logged on and was able to get the items I wanted the very most, matching shoes for me and my girl and a tower of espresso cups with matching plates.

By 7am, Target's website was shut down for most of the day. By the time it came up again later in the day, most of the Missoni line was sold out.

After a night of no sleep, I woke my kids up and made them stand in line at Target with me until the stores opened at 8.


There were so many things I liked from viewing them online but I wanted to see them in person. The lines were starting to form when we arrived. When the doors opened, most people went for the clothing and shoes first and the great pieces were gone in seconds. I was able to get the things I loved most from the kitchen section.


It was a crazed frenzy and all the Target employees were stunned at the turnout saying they had never been so busy on a random Tuesday.

What a great line Missoni turned out with their iconic designs and colors and affordable for the masses. This is the only time in my life I will be checking out with Missoni shoe boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment