Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Making Valentines. Yipee!



It's that time of year again where everything gets to be pink and red and glittery with no excuses. Here are some of the things we have been creating around here this month in 
honor of Valentine's Day.  

First off, we used melty beads to make heart necklaces. We got the wooden beads at the dollar store. 


For the kids' classmates we made sticky felt valentines. I found the pieces at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. We attached them to chevron bags that I found online here and added a couple of pieces of candy inside each bag. 


Finally, we have had a blast just making regular old Valentines. I've left out a bunch of supplies in the studio and the kids have worked in there almost every day for the last week, creating until their hearts are content. Just the way it should be!



I'm signing off with two of my favorite phone shots of the week. The first one is a window display I spotted in Decatur. I love the paint brush heart. The second is my little valentine clown all dressed up for clown day at school today. 

Happy Crafting! And Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment