Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Tour of Homes

Every year a local organization hosts a Tour of Homes in Birmingham..some girlfriends and I have made it an annual tradition to attend. I love seeing the way other people live, even if their tastes are vastly different from mine it is still intriguing, especially during the holidays. The houses are generally pretty impressive in size and decor - ranging from very traditional to modern...and usually always decked out with fab greenery, trees and holiday adornment!
I will say the thought of having my act totally together with my house clean, decorated, shopping done, presents wrapped, cards addressed and then having to vacate so some strangers could walk through and see it all...let's just say that my house won't be on the Tour anytime soon!
Here are some of this year's highlights....

First, from a very modern home...Can't believe how much
I loved the bright orange paint - intense but great..really loved the white clean furniture and REALLY loved that lamp on the desk...and the authentic zebra rug!




























Dear Santa....If it's not too late I will really behave this week and I would love that orange and pink painting please!!


I recognized this chandelier as three Ikea lamps strung together as a light fixture..love it!


Ok, this next house is a GUEST house. Yes, you read that right..a GUEST HOUSE...real talk..these people do not play around when it comes to their guests...


It goes without saying that my camera phone did not do this place justice!



p.s. Santa...I would also really like this backsplash!!



No comments:

Post a Comment