Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Making Valentines

I love love love Valentine's Day. I can't help it. I love everything about it but mostly I love making Valentines. I always have. Ever since I was little I can remember using a glue stick and those heart doilies to make beautiful things with my mom. So this year I saw this fun idea in Country Living Magazine and thought I'd give it a try.

First you need a selection of paint swatches in varying Valentine's Day colors. I had fun checking out the names of the paint colors and finding ones that coordinated with the day like Cupid's Arrow and Sweet Heart.


Then use a bit of hairspray on each one so the surface is not so slick and the ink will adhere better. Stamp images on each strip on the paint swatch and let dry. Easy Peasy!


Here are my finished products.


To package them up along with Valentines from my kids, I found this great letter tape at Michaels in the $1 bins. I added it on top of Hot Pink Duct Tape on these cheap mailer envelopes. Voila.


If you're making Valentines this year, I'd love to see your ideas too. Please send them to us!

2 comments:

  1. I need a stamp collection! We made very traditional Valentines out of an old Victoria Secret bag http://atlantahiltons.blogspot.com/2011/02/pink.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I love those. Great use of those wonderful bags!!

    ReplyDelete